Wednesday, October 1, 2008


Brownies & Birthdays

Cole helped me bake for the very first time on Sunday. Not sure how it was gonna go, so I made sure to strip him down, especially dealing with a chocolaty messy mix!
And what a good lil helper he was! He helped me stir with the electric mixer and then just had to have more . . . and more . . . and more . . . of the batter!

He's never had brownie batter before and quickly became addicted & just about went bizerko when I took the beaters away to throw in the sink even before I could show him the spatula dripping with more batter.


And he's just gotta do it by himself! And this time I tried the brownies cupcake style, which I'd never done before, and they turned out to be some of the best brownies I've ever had. So soft and moist and they cook up in about 1/2 the time as a pan.

On Tuesday evening we went to Famous Dave's BBQ for my moms Birthday dinner.


Tons of great food! And this is called the " garbage can lid platter", which actually comes out on a real tin garbage lid. I'd never seen that before and thought it was pretty funny and clever.


My sister Breanna & her youngest Tatum ( TateeBug- Coles cousin only 4 days younger) & of course me and lil Coco waiting for our feast.


Cole ate so good & couldn't get enough of that corn on the cob! He wasn't sure how to eat it without me holding it so he tried it the long ways and it didn't taste so good that way so then he tried to put it down on the table and just put his mouth up to it, but the darn thing just kept sliding away! Such a cutie!


Awwww! Sweet lil cousin loves & hugs! And then this is what happens next when they get over zealous . . .

SMACK!! Right flat onto his back as I'm trying to catch a cute shot and catch him at the same time the camera finally goes off. I just couldn't delete this pic - oh the memories! Poor lil guy smacked his head pretty hard & cried for a good minute til I found his binky and that pretty much solved the problem.

And then they brought out the coolest dessert topping I'd ever seen at a restaurant - a firework candle or whatever you call it, it was way bigger than a sparkler and the flame went about 3 inch's high. Too bad it went out right as we were trying to catch the cool blazing icecream.


Happy Birthday Mom!!
(I'll be kind & not divulge your young age so others don't get jealous :)

1 comment:

Julie said...

Yea!! Happy Birthday to Mom!! I have to work for a little bit and then I'll call ya so we can do something. Girls Day!