Friday, October 31, 2008

For Cole . . .




On Wednesday, I pulled out the bubbles to play with you. And I want to remember that moment with you. Your smiles, your giggles, your wonderment. You couldn't get enough of 'em! At first you just watched them, then you tried to follow them in the air, and then when they went under the coffee table, you bent down to see where they went. And then you would put your hands out in the "where did they go?" gesture and I'd blow some more bubbles. You started to catch them in your hands to pop them and then started to run through the middle of them and giggle as you went back and forth. Some would pop on the hallway runner rug, so you'd lift the side of the rug up to find where they went and you were adorable doing so!
You would do your sign language to ask for "more" bubbles. You'd also say, "buboo" in your cute little voice.
And then when you saw me getting ready to blow more bubbles, you would stand in front of me, pull your shoulders up, and breath in and out real fast with your mouth wide open, "helping" me to blow bubbles. So I had you stand next to me to help blow them and you'd hold your breath in with big eyes until I blew the bubbles, then you'd smile and laugh some more as you went to pop them.
You were sooo upset when I put the bubbles away for nap time. We probably played bubbles three times that day and three more times the next day! And every time your sad when I put them away.
I just had to write this moment down, so I don't forget the small and simple things in life and enjoying my baby boy while your still mine. And for you, even though you won't remember this first time, you can read this and remember that I love you with all my heart!

2 comments:

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

Is that after you got his hair cut? He looks so cute.

Jessica said...

You are so good to record these precious moments. :) I have missed your blog and it has been fun to check it out. Such cute Halloween pics too!