Tuesday, October 21, 2008

What did I just step in?


Earlier this morning I gave Cole a bath, pulled him out and dried him off as best I could with his little hoodie towel before he threw it off his head, opened the bathroom door and bolted down the hall. I'm gathering up his p.j.'s and now going to find a naked baby running through my house.
I call out, "Cocoooo" where are you? And normally he comes running back down the hall squealing and I'll pick him up and tickle him. But it was real quite, so I look around and into the kitchen and see him standing by the island. I thought, oh, he's playing chase. So I said, "I'm gonna get you"! and as usual he comes squealing and running towards me. I then pick him up and go get him dressed.
So, about 10 minutes later, I'm back in the kitchen fixing a snack, turn around and stepped towards the island and slightly slipped into something wet.
I thought, What? How did this water get here? And immediately remembered that, that's where Cole was standing when I found him after his bath and then proceeded to think that it was just from his little wet body. And then thought, no, he was pretty dry.
( All this, "thinking" was in a matter of seconds)
So I looked down a saw a pretty big puddle all over the floor. Then I took a 2nd look and saw it was yellow! Yep! You guessed it! Cole had stood there and peed all over the kitchen floor and I just found it!
he had never done that before, but I guess there's a 1st for everything!
Needless to say, I was kinda grossed out.
So I washed my foot off, wiped up the pee, and decided to look at the brighter side, at least it wasn't on the carpet or on me while I was holding him. Although, I do have to say, thinking back on all the gross things we do for our kids to care for them, that's not that bad on the list.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least it was pee and not #2, that would have been much worse.

Sharon said...

This is why we believe that having dogs is actually a good preparation for having kids. Except you can't lock your kids up in a kennel each night. Or can you?

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

How funny. I can't believe it's his first time. My kids have all done it once or twice. The little rascales are quick.