Tuesday, January 27, 2009

ICE, ICE, BABY!

Our 1st extreme ice storm! We are told this

is as bad as it gets! And actually, they are

saying that this will be a storm to remember

& be talked about for a long time. No

one goes anywhere. It started yesterday, around

noonish, and we'd been warned by the news

to get ready for it, so we went off to the store

to stock up on supplies. Jace (everyone else

for that matter) got off work early. He got to stay

home today, and probably tomorrow too.

It first started out w/ freezing rain, which ices

everything over, then it turned to sleet,

& its now snowing. It has not stopped at

all, all day today! It's nuts!

Since power lines get so

heavy with ice, they could snap & therefore,

lose our electricity! So far, its just flickered a few

times today & we hope to make it safely through

the night. But if not, we are prepared!

Thanks to my wonderful boy scout!

Enjoy the pics!


6 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Oh my goodness! Well at least you know you've been through the worst of it right? And your hubby is home, so that's nice that you guys can spend time together:) I hope you like your house and everything is going good:)

Julie said...

Karis I can't even believe this!! My Mom saw all of this on the news and just tonight we were saying how cold it is in good ol' Arizona and yet there you are in this extreme weather. I hope you are enjoying your little winter wonderland with Jace and Cole. It sounds like you are all cute and snuggled in your new house. You'll have to post pics of the inside once you get situated. I miss ya.

Jonny and Brittany said...

oh my heck!!! I can't believe how cold that looks to me! It also looks extremely beautiful!!!Hope you are enjoying it out there!

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

Oh my word I have never in my life seen such cold, nor do I think I would ever want to! Ture AZ girl all the way! Okay so is this a permenent move for you guys or are you planning on moving back home???

Jessica said...

Wow! Maybe it is a good thing I decided to fly after all. ;) Lookin forward to hangin' with you guys soon!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

all I have to say is OH MY GOSH! CRAZY!