Thursday, January 29, 2009

After The Storm

We survived the storm unscathed! We were one of the
lucky & fortunate ones to have not lost our electricity
as did 300,000 other homes did here in NW Arkansas
& Oklahoma. It is said that, that is the most lost
in recorded history for these parts. Kentucky got hit
pretty hard with the storm too, so Pres. Obama declared
his first federal emergencies for Arkansas & Kentucky
due to the massive power outages.
It's crazy how this is our first year or month for that matter
in AR. & we get initiated in w/ some of their worst
weather in history. But it's been neat to experience it
from the safety & warmth of our home.

So, when the sun came out Wednesday late morning,
we headed out to check out the snow & later that
afternoon went for a beautiful, picturesque drive.

And here's what we found!


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I guess it's good to get the worst weather out of the way so the rest of the year feels nice, that's how I felt when we decided to move to AZ in June/July, once the miserable heat was over the rest of the year wasn't so bad :).
I was thinking about you guys when I was watching the news this morning, I am glad the power outage didn't affect you guys and that you all are OK.

Sharon said...

We promise, this is as bad as the weather gets! Well, except for tornado season. We did mention tornado season, right? ;-) Oh well, just keep looking at the Wal-Mart stock price and it makes the weather adventures much more tolerable.

Tyra said...

Hey are you missing AZ right about now?? It is 71 degrees.

Jonny and Brittany said...

I tagged you!! Go to my blog and follow the directions!

Varney Family said...

I'm so glad it's not us!!! Ruthie says "Hi" - We love looking at your pics :) I hear you are expecting? Congratulations! You are due right along with my sister Sonja - and right around Blakes' 1st birthday. Take Care!