Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Savior

My Savior loves me. He knows me. He cares for my welfare & happiness.
I am grateful to know that He is always there for me, reaching out with
open arms, if I will but call on Him.
I am so grateful for His atonement.
To know, that when I trip & fall
time & time again in striving to do whats right, He is ever so merciful, ever
so patient with me, & ever
so forgiving of my failings, even though He knows that though I come to
Him with a broke heart & contrite spirit, I may mess up again.
I am especially grateful for that as a Mother.
I call on Him many times a day to shore me up when the chips are down.
And especially to know, that with HIM, the Holy One, I cannot fail
as a mother or mess up my children.
I have added to His pain in Gethsemane more than once & strive
to not add to His pain & sorrows that He already has so much of
for His children. Christ also has great, exceeding joy in His children
when they choose to follow his plan of happiness.
He is there to listen when I cry out to Him.
 When my heart aches.
When I want to throw up my hands & give up.
When my patience with my children is wearing thin.
When I'm just plain tired.
I can call on MY SAVIOR.
To lift me up.
Buoy me up.
I can share my joys & excitement with Him of
learning something new or something new
my kids have learned.
And in the small victories of the day.
The Savior is my friend.
And I don't just want to know about Him,
I want to KNOW HIM.
So I strive to come a little bit
closer to Him, each & every day.
Because . . .He is MY SAVIOR &
I am forever grateful to HIM for
His sacrifice for ME.


No comments: