Wednesday, December 16, 2009

When I've had enough



When I've had enough, there's always someone there for me. My Heavenly Father watches over me, for many times throughout the day the spirit helps me out in my role as a mother, wife, & homemaker & was reminded of this recently when I bore a simple testimony to Cole of the Holy Ghost & as I did so I was overwhelmingly reassured that He is there for me many, many times a day when needed.

But it is also usually through another person that the Lord meets our needs & when I'd had too much for the day, a few nights ago, my sweet husband stepped in without a word & took care of our needs.
He bathed Cole & got him ready for bed, he made dinner for us, & then did all the dishes & cleaned off the counters. Even with him having extremely long & tiring days at work right now, he's still so great to help me/us out where ever & whenever he can.

This last weekend he also was so great to take the time & finish making our garage a real fun playroom/workout space for the winter & brought in the trampoline. Which I'm so grateful for since we don't get out much these days with the twins, & especially with it being too cold to even really play in the yard or at a park. This way, Cole can really get all of his energy out!

So, THANK YOU honey for all your help!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

FYI to all... My good wife, Karis is something of a wonder. It takes a lot to see her tired and at wits end. I see her turning to the Lord for strength through prayers and priesthood blessings. She handles a lot and conscientiously strives to make things easier on me, especially with the extra long days I’m doing lately. She deals with meals, laundry, maintaining a clean home, providing activities and learning to Cole and cares for Merrill and Grant, etc. I do for her because I love her. I do more for her because she is considerate, appreciative, respectful, and her overall attitude and positive demeanor warrants it. To know Karis is to love her! Thank you for the kind recognitions sweetheart. Love you! Jace

Familia Morales said...

Wow! What a great idea to turn your garage into a playroom. I love the lights on the trampoline. What a sweet thing for your husband to do.

Jessica said...

You two are so cute! Love it. Karis, I'm grateful for your sweet testimony and when you share it it blesses all of us. And your garage looks awesome!! How fun and handy for the whole family!