Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Stars on a Saturday Morning!

Two Saturdays ago, Jace took me to Walmarts monthly "Saturday Morning Meeting"
for a morning date. All employees are welcome along with their families
to come & hear the latest business report mixed with a lot of fun!!

For instance, on Black Friday, at one point during the day,
WM was selling a Million dollars a SECOND! Unbelievable!


So here is WM's top executives of the company.
I think its so great that the higher ups talk & mingle
with anyone, anywhere in the company.
So this years Christmas meeting theme was "Battle of the Pans"
as you can see from the pic; a funny spin on last years theme being
"Battle of the Bands" where the top exect. played Guiter Hero against
each other & even brought in the American Idol singer David Archuleta to help out.

Here's the fun surprise guest!
I was soo excited! Jace was laughing at
how excited I got! He said it was cute!
She was fun to see in person & super upclose.

They also brought in 3 other chefs from the Food Network
to be teammates for the top executives "Pan Battle".
That right there is the Neely's with Rachel.



Everybody was laughing & having a good time!
In the background on the right is Walmarts
current CEO, Mike Duke, whom I got the pleasure
of meeting afterwards. He is very friendly & nice!
When we walked away, Jace said, "you just got
to meet one of the top business men in the WORLD
of one of the top companies in the WORLD". Pretty cool
I thought!

And here's the major reason as to why I was soooo excited
to go, besides the fact of being able to go on a date with my hubbie! :)
AAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!
(Ok, I didn't really scream like that in the meeting, but I was
very excited!)

Tim talked about his new movie out with Sandra Bullock, "The Blind Side" & how
different it was acting in front of the camera in a movie & trying
not to look at the camera as opposed to all his music videos & staring
at it almost constantly.
He also sang a song for us off his new cd & a beautiful song
about Joseph being a father to Jesus.

He is a good family guy with good Christian values.Even if we'd have paid to see Tim in concert,
we would not have been able to be as close
up to him as we were.

And afterwards I got to go up & sit on the stool where Tim McGraw
sang & said, "I'm never washing the jeans again!!"Needless to say it was a blast! And after that, Jace
took me out to eat at a breakfast house where I talked
Jace's ear off about random topics. I guess I was enjoying
the company of another adult without kiddos, although
I still missed 'em. Would you believe, I'm actually starting
to out talk Jace in our conversations these days, which
we tease about since Jace can be a talker. :)
Thanks honey!! It was a great date!!

3 comments:

Jonny and Brittany said...

Karis!! Girl you look amazing! I can't believe you just had twins!!! Looks like you had a fun time at the concert! So cool!!!

Tiffany Matthews said...

That is to cool. BTW you look amazing it does not look like you had twins.

*Becky* said...

That is awesome and you look absolutely amazing!! You just had twins!! You're beautiful Karis