Thursday, July 9, 2009


7 Months

or 28 1/2 Wks.





If I made it to my due date (Sept. 14) I'd have almost exactly 2 mo. & 1 wk. left to go!
Some days lately though, I don't see how I'll make it that far!
Everything checks out great from my last wks. doctors appt.
Twin A, on my left, weighed 2 lbs. 10 oz. & Twin B, on my right, weighted 2 lbs. 4 oz.
with strong heart beats & busy bodies! Its nuts! - to think that each of them needs to
still more than double in weight before the end! Yikes, they are already starting to feel heavy! I'm gonna be huge!
I call the twin on my left the Spaz because he always seems to have soo much energy & I'm not sure about the one on my right because his placenta is in the front of my stomach so I can't feel a whole lot of movement on his side, but I def. still know he's there!
I've been so extremely blessed to have been able to go & go & go & do as much
as I have thus far, but my body is def. really starting to slow down.
Which is really, really hard for me to accept; but I know its needed.
Only because I can't fight the truth of my body telling me that I need to desperately,
& my husband telling me that he has seen me go down hill rapidly these last 4
days or so with me getting severe braxton hicks sometimes in the evenings. Jace keeps saying, almost like my new motto, "Take it slow & still get some things
done, or push too hard & be forced on bed rest where you can't get anything done."
You can tell my body that (sometimes), but try telling my head that! I still try to fight it because I'm starting to stress with all that I still want/need to get done before the twins come, especially knowing that from this point on, its not uncommon for twins to come early because your body feels so full & ready (If I were prego w/ one, I'm measuring 33 wks., so my body is physically 5wks ahead of what I really am).
But I've got a wonderful husband who has so willingly offered to do all the grocery shopping from now on, the dishes, the laundry ( I can still fold 'em though!) and anything that would be strenuous to me around the house.
Now is a time for me to focus on things like, potty training Cole, resting my body with extra sleep, journaling (which I'm terrible at), reading material on the twins to be prepared for them, & teaching my son as much as I can while I can still have my full focus on him.
This amazing ride has flown by so fast, yet at the same time hard to believe that 2 more months are still to go!

9 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

I can't believe that the only thing that's big on your body is your belly. You are all baby! Its hard to slow down when you have so much to do, but everything works out right?! Everyone is healthy and happy, so who cares if there's dishes in the sink, give yourself a break:)

David and Cori said...

Your belly looks beautiful!!!! The kids and I are home most days and would love to help out any way we can. We can take Cole for a morning or come and scrub toilets (my kids love cleaning bathrooms - I'm serious) Please let us know.

Unknown said...

You're 7 months pregnant with TWINS and you still look AMAZING! I really could hate you right now. :) I'm so excited for your baby shower! Let me know if I can help you between now and when the babies come! But I'm warning you, when the babies come I'm helping you whether you like it or not. See ya soon!
-joy

Homer Family said...

Karis I think that you look great. I feel as big as you and I only have one baby in there. I know what you mean about trying to get everything done. I feel like time is slipping away and I need to finish everything first. Take care of yourself and your babies.

Scott, Tiff, Talon, Tylie & Tyce said...

Look at that tum Karis! Can't wait to see more pics! So exciting for you guys!

*Becky* said...

You are such a cute pregnant momma!! I'm excited for you!! Yes listen to your body!!! The body knows what to do and when to stop doing things. the longer those babies can be in there the healthier they'll be

Anonymous said...

I cannot believe you are almost done with this pregnancy, it feels like you just announced it. You are all baby!!! You look beautiful!!
I am going to give you some advice, feel free to throw it out the window but I would personally wait to potty train Cole AFTER the babies are born, I would wait until they are a few months old, it will be really hard for you to run him to the toilet when you have two newborns and when they are as little as he is he is not going to be able to hold it, being in a diaper will make things easier for you for awhile, trust me on this, I have been there before :)

Tatum said...

How great you look! I think twins would be so crazy fun!!! I can't wait to see pictures of them!

Tyra said...

honestly I think that you look amazing..and you are going to be such a awesome mom to your 3 boys..have you come up with any name you like???