Friday, March 6, 2009

Rocks in the Pond

A few days ago Cole & I walked over to a big pond just one block away from us to
see if we could feed the large geese that sometimes reside there, but no such luck
on that day. No problem! Cole had a hay day throwing rock after rock into the pond. A new favorite around here.
Good pitching practice for that baseball team some day!






Since it was beautiful weather today, I thought I'd better take advantage of this since weather here honestly changes so quick from day to day & head out jogging. And it was so nice! I decided to try the pond again. And . . .

Ta Da! They were there today!



Cole laughing at the geese when one pecked at the other & honked real loud. I think he
thought they were playing chase.

They didn't care too much for Coles fishy crackers, but hung around close by even when Cole threw rocks in the water.




Geese are very loud & very beautiful.

I guess they liked our company & wanted to come with us.

It was a great little outing!
I'm so excited for spring!
-Hooray for spring!!


4 comments:

Sharon said...

Cole looks like he's having a blast! You took some great pics. I'm glad you were able to get out and enjoy the day!

Chelsey Howard said...

That is so fun:) Isn't it so cute how kids are entertained by the silliest little things, like rocks? that's crazy that the gees didn't even leave when he was throwing them in the water!

Varney Family said...

What a fun day!Hope spring comes soon :) You'll have to post about your little black boots...I think Bre and I look alike because of the hair haha. I love blogs so we can keep in touch!

Anonymous said...

Where is this great pond? It looks like fun!
-joy