Monday, March 9, 2009

Our Morning Walk

This morning Cole & I went for a little "nature" walk behind our house & down the dry creek to just explore the area & we found some great things that spring is bringing with it!



Like green grass & clovers in the field behind us.

Where I saw a single dandelion blossom & showed Cole how to "make a wish" on it & blow the seeds away. It was the cutest thing to see him try to blow at it so softly.

Then while enjoying that, I found a little red lady bug that I let crawl all over our hands & Cole laughed when it tickled the back of his little hand. And throughout our walk we prob. saw 10 or more lady bugs around. He loved 'em! He wanted to take everyone we saw with us & was upset when I said they didn't want to play anymore.


We found a dandelion that Cole carried around with him for most of the walk/hike.

But my absolute favorite part about the walk was when we went around the bend in the creek which is farther then I'd explored before, I found patches of wild daffodils growing along the edge of it.

And since Jace was home sick with a head cold, we picked a few to bring home & brighten his day. And Cole liked the part where we carried a lady bug on the daffodils the whole way home on them.

I loved that I got to show & teach Cole some great things about nature, hear the birds sing such beautiful songs from atop the tall trees, & enjoy the beauties that nature brings like bright yellow flowers.

Can you tell I'm just a little excited for spring & warmer weather!?
I'm really loving the area we live in! Even though we love & miss good 'ol AZ.
we are getting to experience things here that we wouldn't have the opportunity
to do so otherwise.

6 comments:

Jonny and Brittany said...

Those are all such beautiful pictures!!! I just love nature!

sandra said...

Sounds like fun! And your photography looks so professional! :)Hope Jace is feeling better.

Chelsey Howard said...

How fun:) I love spring!! It is my absolute favorite time of the year!! I love the smell of the orange blossoms!! Your probably way excited because it means better weather:)

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

your pics are lookin GOOD!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

your pics are lookin GOOD!

Liz Scott said...

Just ran across your photo of the clover - did you know there are at least three 4-leaf clovers in that picture?