Tuesday, June 29, 2010

A great way to start out the day; Perfectly!


I got up at 6AM. Before the kiddos.
Got dressed in work out clothes. 
Took vitamins for the day.
Knelt in prayer for quite a while.
Read the scriptures. 
Twins are awake. 
And by 7AM, out of the house jogging
the neighborhood with the twins in the stroller.
Perfect temperature. Nice cool air. 
The sun is out, but still behind the trees.
The birds are singing & chirping loudly & beautifully.
And I can smell the wild flowers in the fields around 
our house as I jog by.
A 1/2 hour later, I'm back at the house saying good
morning to Cole & my sweet hubbie. 

It was . . . . Perfect! It really was. That. Perfect.

And I felt so very grateful for it.

Now, to make it habit & routine to follow the council 
in the scriptures of:
Early to bed. Early to rise. 
That's the challenge for me!

We had our Home Teachers over last night
& they had challenged us as we commit to saying
our personal prayers, couple, & family prayers
along with our personal scripture study, couple, & family 
scripture study daily, that the Lord will show us in a few ways
how we are being blessed by following the 
council of the prophets
that we've been given
all our lives.
It's so simple & basic.
Yet.
Seems so hard to make
habit. 
 
We have made family morning
prayers a Habit now & 
the norm about a month 
ago, instead of it being the
rarity as it had been 
in our home. 
And I can testify it has brought
more peace into our home.

HAVE A FABULOUS DAY EVERYBODY!!

5 comments:

Russell, Aimee and Savannah said...

Amen Sister! I love the scriptures! Reading them is the best habit you could ever had. Reading them with my family brings so much love and revelation into our lives and home!

Chelsey Howard said...

what a great goal. We need to work on that too. We always do our prayers at night but that's about it, and scripture time is a joke. The kids wont be quiet, let alone sit still. Let me know if you have any tricks. P.S. I would LOve to get up at 6am everyday, but I am so not a morning person. I try, but for some reason it never works out.

Tatum said...

That sounds like an amazing morning! There is nothing better than starting the day out right. Why doesn't it happen for me very often?!

*Becky* said...

I would love to run early in the morning consistently but it's about 95 degrees at 6AM, so no thank you. And good job Karis! keep up the good work with the goals. proud of you

Jessica said...

Oh how I feel ya sista!! The mornings that go in such a way for me, I feel blissful, happy, and an energy unlike any other. But sadly, those days are fewer and further between than I would like. How nice to start your day with spiritual and physical nourishment! And to be a "ray of sunshine" to your hubby and son as you come back to greet them feeling so energized. Thanks for the reminder on how great such mornings can be, and truly a blessing to you and your whole family.