Friday, February 20, 2009

A Visit From Texas

For 5 days at the beginning of this month I got to enjoy a great visit from my good friend Jessica Brough from Texas & her little boy Ezra (16 mo.) where we enjoyed having our boys meet for the 1st time & play, wrestle, scream, cry, bathe, & eat together. Jessica & I worked our rears off late into the most of the nights painting the inside of my house & even had a "girls night" of painting with our friend Sharon Gosney where we jammed out to fun, fast movin' songs.
Jessica & I also talked w/ ea. other like crazy, laughed alot, cried a little, cooked together, & shared tips on life, food, being a mom & a wife.

Jessica & mines friendship is one of a rariety I would say. I concider her to be one of my very best friends, yet we've never lived even in the same state as ea.other & only seen ea.other a grand total of 9 times over the past 5 years. Some visits very short & others extended. We know ea.other through our husbands who have been friends since college. We got married with in 4 mo. of ea.other & have boys 5 mo. apart.
So to Jessica, I say thank you!~ For all of your time, effort, & hard work in coming out to visit/work with me.
She was so sweet to offer to come out here to Arkansas & help with anything I needed in settling in.
So before I keep rattling on, here are a some pics of our week together. Most all of the boys & unfortunately forgot to take pics of us actually painting! But when your in the middle of working with paint or working at all, you dont often think to pull out the camera.


3 comments:

Chelsey Howard said...

Fun!!! Dont you just love friends like that:) that was so sweet of her to help:)

Jonny and Brittany said...

Absolutely!! I will just have to craft you something I can mail!!! Count yourself as the winner!!:) What's your new address???

Jessica said...

We miss you guys! Thanks again for letting us come. You are such a sweet heart Karis and I am so happy to have you for a good friend, which are few and far between in my life, so thanks for being my all around great friend! We can laugh together, get our groove on, paint, share our testimonies, share mothering tips, girly secrets, cry together, cook, shop, etc. Just wish we were closer! Thank you for everything!!!!