Saturday, September 6, 2008

I Am A Mother

First let me say, for those of you who have not heard of or read this book, I highly recommend it!! These days it's very hard for me to find time to sit down & read a book, so my new favorite way of getting my "reading" in is to get books on CD. I love it! When Cole is sleeping & I'm running around the house cleaning, I just blare it on the stereo in the family room & voila - multitasking!

All mothers from novas to pro ought to consider getting a hold of this book, because it is such a great reminder of the incredible calling it is to be a mother & the importance there of. And how much influence we truly do have for good!

In a world where being a stay at home mom has become almost looked down upon, Jane Clayson Johnson does an amazing job of reminding us of how our Heavenly Father really truly sees and feels about motherhood.

It's an easy read, with plenty of her personal life experiences & stories in it to keep it all real. Your heart will go out to her & all the other moms who go through the ups & downs of motherhood.

Oh! And for those of you who may not have babies yet, this is still a great one! Because someday, either sooner or later, you'll have the opportunity & privilege to become and mother to the sweetest spirits this world has yet seen. It may def. change the way you look upon motherhood.

All in all, it's fantastic! Just read it! I've listened to it about 3x's over already. Let me know what you think about it when you do read or listen to it! You can find it at Desert Book & I'm sure at any other major book store.







3 comments:

HILLARY said...

I totally agree I read that when Kya was just a baby, what is more is that I don't read! And it was an easy book to read, because it's split up into sections. So even when you need to be a mother, its easy to put the book down, and do your duty!

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

so do you have a sign up sheet for those who want to barrow yours???

Jessica said...

Thank you for giving this to me for my Birthday! I haven't read it yet because we still don't have a CD player, but I will eventually! I'm excited though because I just registered to go to a conference that she will be speaking at! Thank you for passing her good message along. :)