Monday, January 18, 2010

A 1st Holding


Cole asked today for the 1st time to hold his brother.
The twins are now 4 1/2 months old & this is the
very 1st time Cole has "held" one of his brothers.
He's given LOTS & LOTS of hugs & kisses & touchings & pokings,
but not any holdings till today.
It kind of surprised me as it seemed random for him since
he's never asked before, but I said, "ok, sit back & you can hold Merrill."
(Since Grant was still sleeping)


He was soo cute & LOVED it!
Merrill didn't seem to mind what was going on
since he sat there very well.
Cole was also cracking me up when he'd make a face
& say, "oh, sooo heavy!"
After a couple minutes I took Merrill off his lap &
Cole didn't want to be done.
He said, "No mommy, right here."(pointing to his lap)
As a mom of a very lively 2 1/2 yr. old, it was a very sweet
moment for me to see Coles excitement & tenderness
towards his little brother.
And daddy would be proud!

2 comments:

De Anne said...

Very sweet!

*Becky* said...

That is so sweet!! I love the last picture there of big brother's sweet expression