Monday, November 3, 2008


1st Hair Cut


Sadly, it was time to be done! Those beautiful baby curls were just getting a little too wild!
We took Cole over to Great Clips right by our house last Thursday evening and handed him a succor to keep him content. And it worked! Except, I shouldn't have given him a blue succor! oh well, he was happy and so were we.


He did pretty darn good the whole time, until the end he was getting squeamish. But before she started, she clipped off a couple of curls of his hair for us to keep. The lady was going to do the buzzer for the back of his hair but every time she touched his head he would lean forward with his shoulders up and giggle like crazy, it was the funniest thing! So, scissors it was!
Daddy making him laugh towards the end. But he was def. done by the end, he was soo tired a whiny that I couldn't get a good shot of him right after the cut was totally done. At the very end they also gave us a free "1st hair cut certificate" to fill out and put Coles curls in it.


So I tried to capture a few right before bed time.

Now we're just chillaxin together watching Baby Einstein while he finishes up his milk.


So here's the morning after in the day light. It's true what I've heard parents say, that once you cut it, they look so much older. He def. looks more like a little boy now. But we love it! We keep commenting how we like his new "Do". I had fun "styling" it for the first time on Sunday for church with some gel to get the spikes goen.



A shot from the back, and of his 'lil plumbers crack he's got going on. If I let him run around in his diaper for a bit, he always tends to yank his diaper down, even though he's still clean. Thank goodness for clothes! He hasn't discovered how to strip himself down yet.



We love our handsome little dude that's growing up just too quick!

6 comments:

Julie said...

He is getting to be such a big boy...I just can't believe it. I just don't get to see you enough... we need to do another lunch!!

Anonymous said...

He is so Handsome!!! It's always hard doing that first haircut but after you do it you usually think "I should have done it sooner".
I am impressed at how well he sat for the girl. I always had to do my kids first haircuts because they were to scared to let someone else do it (and so was I). Katherine still hasn't had anyone other than me do it, I am afraid they will chop all of her hair off.

Eric and Breanna Graham said...

He sure does look like a little man now!

Shauna said...

How adorable! Thank for sharing :)

heather said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love it when new people say hello!

Your little boy is a doll! Isn't it crazy how that first hair cut always takes away that baby look?

Tatum said...

Such a little cutie! I saw you two from a distance yesterday at Kid's club. Wish I would of been able to of said hi. I haven't seen you in so long! You and Breanna should come more often!

How awesome that you have chickens in your backyard!